June 2017 S M T W T F S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New York Events
Restaurant week- until Sept 5
more to come
Judy on Hot port for a cold, rainy… Arielle Norman on Jam Jar 2009 Sweet Shiraz Mesfin B on Ethiopian: Tej and Injera jbal on Sheridan’s: Rich Man… Aj on Jam Jar 2009 Sweet Shiraz
Orgasmic- VIP only, not meant for sharing
Damn Good- good for parties, would never be ashamed of suggesting it to a friend
Not Bad- For every day drinking, slightly better than your standard table wine
Ghetto Hooch- Only if you want to get drunk
Dishwater- What's the point?
Tag Archives: red wine
I couldn’t wait to use my new cast iron grill. So I found this simple recipe for steak with red wine sauce. The grill came preseasoned, heated evenly, and made great grill marks. The steaks came out just the right amount of pink and the red wine sauce didn’t hurt either. 😉 I used an old $6 Cabernet Sauvignon that was opened a while back and really didn’t have much to it. However, it definitely had more flavor in sauce form.
Steak with Red Wine Sauce
2- 1 1/2 lb steaks
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 cup of red wine
1 cup of beef broth (or one beef boullion cube in 1 cup of hot water)
1 medium onion minced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon of butter
1. Place steaks with olive oil, salt, and pepper in 1 gallon bag. Let marinate for a few minutes to hours
2. Heat medium sauce pan. Add onions and garlic, saute on medium heat until caramelized.
3. Add red wine to onions and garlic, reduce until wine just covers onions.
4. Add beef broth, reduce and let simmer while cooking steaks.
5. Heat up grill on medium high heat. Grill each side for approximately 7-10 minutes for medium doneness.
6. Let steaks rest for a few minutes with a tent of foil
7. Add butter to hot red wine sauce, let melt.
8. Pour sauce over steak and serve up…mmmmm.